Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Turquoise and sparkle

I feel like today is a sparkle and turquoise kind of day. Also, I'm obsessed with Adele...by obsessed, well, you probably get the general idea. 


It started with Facebook (doesn't it always?) when I read a status update from a long-time friend who was having a rough spat yesterday(I'd be having a rough spat too if some guy ran up to me, complimented me and then ran away. Oh Running Bull, you shall never be forgotten). She's not normally one to complain (or ever for that matter) but she was kind of. I listened, or read, and said what I could. Her status this morning read "I flit around and spread my sparkle". In my head, I was thinking, well damn, maybe she should spread some sparkle my way. Wouldn't that be lovely? Kind of...Peter Pan like if you will.  Think happy thoughts and with a little pixie dust you can fly? Or something. 


In any case, she sends me a text '*sparkle* you're awesome. smile beautiful".  I don't know how I could ask for a better friend than that. Truth telling (even when I KNOW I don't want to hear it) but at the same time, does it for my own benefit, and makes things easier for me :) Needless to say, she's pretty awesome.


On to the turquoise part of my day...I started a new job just a few weeks ago. Working for my dad is proving to be more challenging than I thought, but we've come to the conclusion that even though, I'm his daughter, he doesn't get to be mean to me, and I don't get to be mean to him back. It's tough having a rational conversation with someone when both are totally hot-headed and stubborn. 


So every day, I have a checklist of things to do. Send this email, type this letter so on and so forth. Usually, I accomplish these things and check them off with a pink pencil. Not today! Today will be turquoise. I don't know why, but that's the color I'm feeling today. 


I have to get back to typing letters before the big boss comes back from his meeting. That could be bad... :)

1 comment: